Contributors

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Our Sad Story [Chapter 8]

I pulled you from my chest and stared straight into your eyes. I brushed the tears away, and pinched your cheek, making you pout a bit. You finally smiled back at me.

"You don't have to worry about a thing from now on. I got everything under control and I'll protect you forever," I kissed your forehead before the door bell went off.



"I'll go get it," I said and broke the hug from you. I looked over the shoulder and saw you wiping your tears away. 

I checked through the door, and saw that it is the waiter bringing us dinner. Opening the door, he pushed the cart inside, and bowed. 

"Just stop here, I'll prepare it myself. You can leave now," I told him, handing him some tips. This kid was so poor when I hired him. 

"Thank you so much, Ms," he replied with a smile, a huge smile and left.

As I was pushing the cart to our table, I heard your stomach growled. 

"I didn't know I was hungry until I see these food," you said, sinking yourself down at the candle-lit dinning table. 

I put myself down across from you. This has always been something I was looking forward to ever since the day you left. 

"What are you waiting for?! Eat, baby Krys, eat!" I said playfully. Steak, some baked veggies, and red wine. All the food that are perfect for the moment. 

And well, since I got punched in the jaw, it's really hard to eat the mighty steak especially when it's 70% cooked. It is so hard to chew. However, you're too busy to notice. As you keep eating, and chewing elegantly even though you're starving, I only stare at you. 

You've been hanging out with all these elegant people, haven't you? 
5 years with super rich guy, living somewhere else far away from me. 

Maybe my stare pierced through your mind because you look at me, smiling sweetly. 

"What...?" you asked shyly as though you think there is something wrong with your face. 

"Nothing. Can't I just look at you?" I replied with a dreamy smile which I believe appeared to you as a blank smile. 

"You can, but you have to eat too," you said, "the food is getting cold, and once it gets cold, oh boy, it will be harder than a car tire." 

I chuckled softly, still not putting my eyes down from your face. The beauty, it's been too many many many days that I haven't seen it. I pointed at my cheek, indicating my swollen jaw. 

"Oh my god!! I'm sorry I totally forgot! Amber! Can't you order ice?" You began to panic, getting off your seat, and ran to me. 

"I'm okay. No worries," short and quick I replied, calming your nerve down because I know how paranoid you can be. 

"No, no, no, it doesn't look good," you grabbed my face and tilted it, examining my now-very-swollen face. Yes, I do feel it's getting bigger. 

Cannot hold your nerves, you rushed to the phone, dialed 0, and ordered some ice. It is possible that the ice comes in a flash to my room because I am the owner of the hotel. 

"Since you can't eat, let's put some ice on your swollen cheek first," you wrapped the ice with a towel before gently place it on my face, "then when you get better, we can eat together, OK? Or shall I order other food?" 

"No, it's okay. Let's just eat this. I don't want to waste food. You clearly cannot finish all the steak!" I replied highly. Sometimes, I like to get myself hurt, so that you can take care of me. All those times before we broke up, you always taken care of me whether it is a small issue or big ones. 

It hurts. So much. 
It hurts that I keep hurting myself ... 
just to get your attention. 

Why do I keep hurting myself because of you? 

"Amber, stop whatever thought you are having in your head right now," you said softly and slowly. You stared into my eyes with tears and sadness. Of course you knew what I am thinking. You always do. You know me way better than I know myself. 

"Sorry," I gave you a weak smile. 

"You're just over thinking again, you know," you said, "I know I've wronged you in the past, but I promised you, Am, it won't happen again," with that you cupped my face, leaned in, and kissed me lightly. 

I responded slowly and lightly as well, not wanting the wound to be opened or hurting the swollen flesh. 

Hmm...sweet juicy lips, still. 

What I have always dreamt of has become true now. 

But... 

Why do I feel like I'm missing something? 

------------------------------------
Love, 
SweeDecember

No comments:

Post a Comment