Contributors

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Our Sad Story



Chapter 1 


          I love you. I still love you. It has been 5 years already since we broke up. Have you moved on yet? I bet you have; you’re so perfect…but not for me. What a shame. Sitting at the café alone, my mind floats. It seems so true to see that you’re standing beside me right now.


“Hi,” you greeted me. Huh? After all these years, why do you show up now? I’m still trying to forget you.

“Oh? Hi…,” I replied with shock over your presence.

“Long time no see, Am. Can I join you?”

“Oh? Yes, sure” I cracked a small smile. You haven’t changed a bit; still beautiful.

“So, how are things?” you spoke without any facial expressions.

“Uhm…it’s ok. Busy with working, working, and extra working to earn more. You?”  I looked at you directly.

“Me? I just moved back from Korea. I travelled a lot and my husband pays everything without me worried” You sipped your favorite latte. As you spoke, it reminds me of the reason we broke up. It was because of money.

“Ok…” I began to play with my fingers. You always find it so annoying, I know, but I’m really out of words.

“You got any girlfriends, hmm?” You crossed your legs and lean back to the chair.

To answer your question, I shook my head slowly.

“How come?! You’re so sweet and considerate and…” I cut in her talk.

“Because I love you! And only you! You know me very well, Krys. I am so devoted into this relationship. I even abandoned my family just to stay with you. So yeah, that’s the reason”

“Ehm, ok… I know and I’m sorry. It’s just you can’t meet my needs. How did you expect me to live with you in a low living style? But hey, now we’re friends, right? We can hang out sometimes if you want” You gave me a genuine smile.

“I’m so thankful, Krys. But we shouldn’t. I better get going. See you!” I got up so quickly, wishing that I could just teleport out of her but you pulled me back down.

“Still living in that apartment?” she commanded for the answer and I’m kinda freaked out.

“Ehm…yes…why?”

“Nothing~ bye, Amber. Nice talking with you”, you walked pass me and left the café without another glance at me. You are so…selfish? Why do I love you?

I left the café and went to one photo gallery, my favorite one. Now memories are flashing back. Krystal and I love to come to this place and talked about these crazy paintings and photos. We can never understand the illusions of those stuffs. I laughed softly to myself because I thought we were meant to be…
I had no feelings for works today. As an editor, I can always do the works from home. I walked lifelessly toward my apartment door. Then I realized that the door was already unlocked! I walked in slowly, beware of any strangers. I saw the kitchen’s lights are on, but I’m so sure I turned them all off before leaving. What’s more, I never turn on all the lights; only Krys does that. Krys?! Could you possibly be in there? I could smell my favorite food cooking. Is that really you in there?
To my surprise, it is you. You are cooking. The postures are just the same as five years ago. The table preparation’s style remains the same.

“Oh? You’re back! Have a sit, Am. The food is ready~” you turned and smiled at me. My jaw dropped. What are you thinking of doing? However, I managed to sit down and just stared at you.

“How was work?” you asked as you sat yourself in front of me, at the opposite side of the table.

“Why are you doing, Krys?” I looked straight into your eyes, diving for the truth from the blankness of your eyes. I can’t understand you…

“I can’t? I just miss you, that’s all. Friends can cook for each other!” you spoke care-freely.

“It’s not necessary! I told you I’m not over you yet, so why do you keep showing up in front of me? Huh?” I spoke out of sadness.

“Amber…,” you mumbled and looked so down. No! Please stop doing that! It makes my heart sinks…

“And how did you get in?” I asked.

“I got the keys, duh,” you rolled your eyes. It is only your habit that I find so cute, sometimes.

“You still have them?” to my surprised, I open my eyes so wide. Does that mean you still love me?

“Yep, I copied your keys and use them my closet drawers’ keys” you smiled innocently. That smile melts my heart, Krys.

But to avoid your beautiful eyes, I dug my head into my food and eat soundlessly. Those love feelings are becoming even stronger that I think I can’t hold it anymore.

"I’m so sorry I make you feel uneasy, but I really want to see you. I miss you” you spoke your minds, making my eyes teary. It is so painful. You left me and came to me whenever you feel like it. Do you even consider me as a human being who has a heart and can get hurt?

But I don’t usually speak out my minds…

“Uhm, if you miss me, just come to see me then. It’s not like I can stop you from seeing me. By the way, the food is so good, so tasty,” I smiled and gave you a thumb up. As much as it hurts to see you as friend, I still want to stay with you all the time.

“Kekeke~ thank you~ I can’t beat your cooking, still. Say Am, do you have extra towel? I need to take a cold shower”, you asked.

“Oh? I think there is one in the wardrobe. Just search the room, you know me,” I smiled showing my teeth. You know that I’m a messy person and lazy to place things back to the original places.

“Haha…I know,” with that you went into my (used-to-be-our) bedroom. I didn’t notice myself crying until one drop of tear fell into my soup.

“I miss you too…” 

2 comments:

  1. .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.



    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.


    Now i understand why it has this title....



    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.



    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.



    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
    .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...the ending is even sadder!

    ReplyDelete